Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's been a while. I have a job. I've been at it a week. The baby crawls everywhere, climbs stairs, cruises along things with abandon, and looks like a tiny version of my wife. My daughter has started preschool. She speaks to them in Mandarin and English, they speak back in English and Japanese and Mandarin. The end result is confused parents but a very happy 4 year old. My wife's volunteer/career projects continue to take-off like nothing I've ever seen before. As for myself, well, I will receive a paycheck tomorrow, and will soon be able to resume depilation. I don't really know when hormones will begin. Once my wife and I cross that bridge, I suppose.

I find, sometimes, that all I really need to be happy is to be able to spend time with my family, knowing that they love me as I am. More frequently, though, if I didn't have a surety of transition ahead, I'd go mad. Or close-up and lock myself away again -- which is much the same thing, really.

In all honesty, I'm brimming over with reflections and emotions, but most of them are private and don't concern the public world. Unfortunately, my journal site was a casualty of a catastrophic hard drive failure, sometime in the last couple of weeks. This leaves me ... frustrated, mostly, as the last thing I want to do when trying to articulate myself in text is to tinker with databases. Meh.

No comments: